• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign Document option is "disabled/unavailable/greyed out" in PDF Forms and Files. Unable to Digitally Sign PDF Forms and Files.

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm facing a strange problem, I'm unable to sign any PDF Forms and Files downloaded from MCA Website (Ministry Of Corporate Affairs - Government of India ).

I have even followed the full instructions as mentioned here:

http://www.mca.gov.in/Ministry/pdf/MCA21_Settings.pdf

I was told by MCA helpline to use this specific version of Adobe Reader 11 Non-DC ( Version : 11.0.10 ). But I'm still unable to sign any PDF forms.

The thing is, I am not even getting the option to sign the PDF Form as you can see in the screenshot provided. The option to Sign is not even coming/enabled. When I'm clicking (left click) on signing box, nothing is coming up. And, when I'm doing the right click on Signing Box then also I'm not even getting the option to "Sign Document". While all form fills are working, but signature areas do nothing when clicked on it, and the Sign tool at the top remains disabled/greyed out.

I also tried to use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ( Version : 17.012.20098 ), but still I'm facing the same problem as mentioned above.

As you can see in "Fill & Sign Tools" the option to "Place Signature" is greyed out (unable to click on it) in Adobe Reader 11 (Version : 11.0.10).

Also, the option of "Digitally Sign" is also greyed out (unable to click on it) in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version : 17.012.20098).

I've generated screenshot using "SPICe_MOA.pdf" form, please check all these PDF Forms.

I have attached the screenshot as well as some of the PDF Forms downloaded from MCA website for your reference. Please see all the screenshots including Windows version, Adobe versions, Java Version. Internet Explorer Version with all relevant forms attacked.

Any help or info will be much appreciated. Please help me, its urgent.

__

Thanks & Regards

Faisal Khan

Screenshots are post here:

As you can see in "Fill & Sign Tools" the option to "Place Signature" is greyed out (unable to click on it) in Adobe Reader 11 (Version : 11.0.10).

SPICe_MoA 01 Screenshot using Adobe Reader 11.PNG

SPICe_MoA 02 Screenshot using Adobe Reader 11.PNG

In the below screenshot, the option of "Digitally Sign" is also greyed out (unable to click on it) in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version : 17.012.20098).

SPICe_MoA 03 Screenshot using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.PNG

SPICe_MoA  PDF Properties Details:

SPICe_MoA  PDF Properties Details.PNG

SPICe_MoA  PDF Security Details:

SPICe_MoA  PDF Security Details.PNG

This is my Windows version, just in case if you need to know.

Windows Version.PNG

This is my Java version, just in case if you need to know.

Java Version.PNG

This is my Adobe Reader 11 Non-DC ( Version : 11.0.10 ), just in case if you need to know.

Adobe Reader 11 Version.PNG

This is my Internet Explorer Version, just in case if you need to know.

Internet Explorer Version.PNG

Here are the link to download all the PDF Forms, I'm unable to sign:

Folder having all the files:

PDF Forms/Files unable to Sign Digitally - Google Drive

Direct download link of files without zip:

Form_INC-33.pdf - Google Drive

SPICe_MoA.pdf - Google Drive

Direct download link of files with zip:

http://www.mca.gov.in/MCA21/dca/downloadeforms/eformTemplates/NCA/SPICe.zip

http://www.mca.gov.in/MCA21/dca/downloadeforms/eformTemplates/NCA/SPICe_MoA.zip

http://www.mca.gov.in/MCA21/dca/downloadeforms/eformTemplates/NCA/SPICe_AoA.zip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response. I assume most of you have already found the root cause of the issue, by now.

If you look at the problem mentioned by fksgs2 in his initial query. The form is created in LiveCycle Designer it is an XFA, this an Adobe XML form Architecture PDF form, different than a normal PDF created in Adobe Acrobat. And is an interactive form.

And if you check this help page of Fill & Sign: Fill and sign PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat Fill & Sign , it clearly says Fill & Si

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not an expert on this. Perhaps you need to activate or update the security certificate for digital signature. You can check it if available on host site. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem signing a .pdf with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I guess nobody cares

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response. I assume most of you have already found the root cause of the issue, by now.

If you look at the problem mentioned by fksgs2 in his initial query. The form is created in LiveCycle Designer it is an XFA, this an Adobe XML form Architecture PDF form, different than a normal PDF created in Adobe Acrobat. And is an interactive form.

And if you check this help page of Fill & Sign: Fill and sign PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat Fill & Sign , it clearly says Fill & Sign tool won't be active for Interactive form.

"An interactive or fillable form contains fields that you can select or fill in. For such forms, the Fill & Sign tool displays only the Sign option. For more information on filling an interactive form, see Fill in interactive forms."

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!!
Just click on the blue box and you will automatically get the option to sign. When we digitally sign a document, we need to first create a signature box and then sign in it. In your document, the box is already specified. Just click and sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines