Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signature can be copied, deleted and moved with Apple Preview

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the community.

I have been using the digital signature option from Adobe Acrobat Reader (currently version 2023.003 on Mac) for years. Specifically, I use the tool under "Certificates -> Sign digitally -> Sign with a digital ID".

Now by coincidence I noticed something, because I can display the signed PDF yes also in the Apple standard app "Preview":

There I can not only move the signature box, but also delete or copy it. I can also add and remove pages, so I can put a digital signature under a completely different contract.

I would like to know if this is a known effect (or even bug) and how I can prevent it with Adobe Reader.

Thank you and best regards

TOPICS
Mac , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verify the signature in Acrobat Reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd, 

thank you for your answer. If I understood you correctly, I should "verify" the signature on the signed document. If this fails, the signature is considered invalid.
Unfortunately, this does not solve my problem.

I would like to prevent my Adobe signature from being transferred to other documents using simple tools.

In the first moment these signatures then seem valid. That is often enough to gain trust.

So I ask why this is basically NOT moveable on Windows (as expected), but (surprisingly) quite easily moveable/changeable on Mac.

How can I avoid this?
Many greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does you mean the certificate or the visible signature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines