Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow / Laggy performance when converting PDFs to word

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using PDF convert for several years now via the Acrobat Reader DC. It appears to have got progressively slower for a while now and it has gotten to the point where I'm ready to stop using it and move to a 3rd party provider (which I've tested and is quicker). In an attempt to get this resolved I contacted customer support and they suggested I post my issues here.

The issue is that when trying to convert a PDF to a word document there is a visible lag when pressing the "Export PDF" button which appear in the sidebar to the right hand side. After pressing the button you either have to wait 5-10 seconds for anything to happen or you have to press the button a random number of times before the drop down menu appears. Once the drop down menu appears you have to press the ”convert” button but there is more visible lag where you have to wait another 5 seconds before the file actually starts to convert.
The actual converting time seems to be fine.

The lag that I am complaining about never used to happen. All I had to do was press the 'Export PDF' once, then 'convert' once and the application converted the file for me straight away.

Computer details:
Windows 10 Enterprise
64 Bit
Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16GB RAM

Internet Speed: 95mb download, 105md upload

I personally suspect the problems started since Adobe started to impose their cloud storage solution on the application so if that is causing the lag any information on how to get rid of it would be appreciated as it is not being used to store anything long term.

Thank you for your help,

David

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue you talk about seems to have no workaround at all.

The lag may probably exist due to the poor coded infrastructure of the software.

Anyway, I've not faced such an issue at all, so the issue may be single-ly affecting your system only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wndows 10, Dell Precision workstation, i7, 16 GB; Bought Reader DC yesterday, successfully exported 10 PDF's to Word, later same day endless and unsuccessful conversion of 40 page file. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines