• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specified Recipient Invalid

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday my Acrobat Reader DC was working fine. Later in day when I wanted to send PDF through the program I received the message "An specified recipient type is invalid." Not sure what happened. I can still send PDF attachment by creating an email and doing it that way. Just cannot do it through the Reader program any more. Any thoughts of what could have happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted three folders from user profile and reader works as expected:

• C:\Users\xxxyyy\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat
  • C:\Users\xxxyyy\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Acrobat
  • C:\Users\xxxyyy\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried renaming the 3 folders you listed here and it still gives me the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried renaming too. Didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I'm using Thunderbird for my email client, and I know I just recently updated it within the last few days. I'm wondering if TB is the issue. Any others here using Thunderbird?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using TB as well. So far, I have not found a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Thunderbird's Help menu, and check for an update. I just updated my TB, then it restarted, and the issue with attaching a PDF to an email has gone away.

Current version of Thunderbird is now at 60.5.3.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks!

I'm writing full story, that may help:

I use Thunderbird.

Both programs (TB & AR-DC) upgraded itself recently so I'm not sure about TB caused the issue.

First I started System Settings app and choosed Application and services

Under the AR-DC icon I choosed Modify and next Repair. -- Had no success

I completely removed TB and reinstalled the program, but user's settings left untuched. -- Had no success

I started AR-DC as Administrator and went mail settings in setup. -- Here recognized that default mail app for admin usr is outlook but for normal user appears nothing after Default mail application. Hmmm. The assignment may wrong???

I tried to choose another mail app for default and after applied it I set the TB back to default. -- Had no success.

After this steps I completely deleted those Acrobat folders and AR-DC works as espected -- Success (???)

But it could be just luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, and it did not work. Just wanted to share so no on else has to go down this same rabbit hole:

This is what worked for me. No editing of the registry, just a simple setting in Windows 7:

I had to do this on my Old XP machine and again on my Vista machine, which I just upgraded to 7 professional.

It boils down to setting Thunderbird as default in a very specific way - even if you think it already is the default, it will only work in this way. I'm using Acrobat Pro 8.0, and it seems to work fine in Windows 7 even though it is not supported.

Here' how: Start > Default Programs > Set program access and computer defaults > Custom (expand this) > Choose a default e-mail program

Then, click on 'Thunderbird'. - 'Use my current email program' won't do it, even if Thunderbird is already your default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer yet for everyone, but I wanted to share what I found on the Thunderbird forums. I'll report back what I find after testing, but I do believe the issue is with the upgrade to Thunderbird 60.5.2. To be continued....

Thunderbird 60.5.2 send mail from external program • mozillaZine Forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEWS FLASH:   Go to Thunderbird's Help menu, and check for an update. I just updated my TB, then it restarted, and the issue with attaching a PDF to an email has gone away.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current version of Thunderbird is now at 60.5.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines