• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not fitting in Cell when reading in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a PDF file, that was converted from either Excel or Word.  When I open the file, the text is too large for cell size height and only the top half of the text character is visible.  I've tried opening with several different computers using Reader.  I've also tried opening with PDF Architect and MS Edge.  Each time it looks the same, so I'm guessing it might have something to do with how it was converted to PDF.  The guy who converted it says he reads it fine in Reader.  

Here is what I see:  

Text reading Problem.jpg

Any ideas on how this is happening and how to fix?  

Thanks,

Pete 

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Peter291201562wro 

Thank you for sharing the details.

I believe your assumption is correct. It depends on how the file has been converted to the PDF. Was it created using Acrobat or any 3rd party application? 

If this is how it looks at your end using a different pdf viewer, it will probably be just a faulty pdf. 

We can test the same on our end and see how it looks. Please share the file here.

Meanwhile, 

Go to Acrobat Reader> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manually, more information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha, 

Thanks for the reply.  I've attached the file for you to check.  

I've also contacted the originator and he says that he has not had anyone else report a problem viewing the file.  Seems strange to me that I may be the only one seeing this problem.  Maybe others have seen it but not let him know.  

Regards, 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had mentioned that the sender said no one else had complained about this, but I sent the file to a friend and he sees the same cut off text.  So that statement about me being the only one seeing this problem, doesn't appear to be accurate.  

I dig some further digging and seems there is some text in the pdf file I received, that is viewable.  See the sample below.  

Peter291201562wro_0-1680454212348.png

It appears that some text uses vertical center justified, some is bottom justified and some top justified.  So I'm thinking maybe this formatting and the margin settings are what is causing the text to be cut off.   Does this sound right?  

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines