• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The root object is missing or invalid error

Participant ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few employees have reported problems when opening some documents. 2018.011.20055 version shows "The root object is missing or invalid" error. A bit older 20035 version shows "There was a problem reading this document (14)". But i can open such document with Chrome and even older Reader XI version or Acrobat 9 version. So, it seems there is some problem with a document, but recent Reader versions are more affected by this and can't open it. Is there any way to avoid this, maybe some update can make Reader more accepting/ignore such errors. They seem like a minor thing as document looks perfect in Chrome or Reader XI. I can't share any document as they are private and i'm not able to reproduce it myself with some test document. Last document that i saw has "Merged" in its name. It looks like a few paper documents were scanned and then separate pdfs merged with some tool into one piece. Probably that tool does something incorrectly when merging.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey wrooot,

I  have exactly the same problem (same error, Reader Version...).

Have you found any Solutions yet?

If so pls share.

Thank You very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any file you can share publicly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines