• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There is a problem with Acrobat/Reader. Error (0:104)

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an issue with several users and PCs when they click a URL link to a PDF document they will get this error in IE:

There is a problem with Acrobat/Reader.  If it is running, please exit and try again. (0:104)

Error.png

Browser: IE

Adobe Reader Version: DC v19.x

Scenario:

• Opening PDFs directly in Adobe Reader works fine.
  • Opening URLs in non IE browsers works fine.
  • Disabling the Adobe add-in in IE opens the PDF OK (Although externally in Reader, and not in the browser as desired).

Addon.png
  • Setting the 'open in browser' option to use another program (ie PDFDocs) works OK.
  • Adding the URL host to the 'Privelidged Locations' in the Reader preferences under Security (Enhanced) allows the PDF to open in the browser as expected.
  • Changing other Security settings in reader does not fix the issue.
  • Uninstalling/Resinstalling Reader does not fix the issue.
  • Running a Repair installation of Reader does not fix the issue.
  • Clearing the Users Adobe preferences (C:\Users\Appdata...) does not fix the issue.
  • Using the Adobe Acrobat Cleaner utilty (AdobeAcroCleaner_DC2015.exe) does not fix the issue.
  • As far as I know, none of our group poliy settings for Adobe reader have changed in a long time.
  • I'm not certain, but this seems to only appeared since updating from DC v18 to v19

This is getting very annoying for multiple users.  Somebody smarter than me please give us a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?