• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (0:104)

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have multiple terminal servers (Windows Server 2012 R2) using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (version: 21.005.20058) to view attachments in medical record software. These attachments do appear to open in an IE browser.

We experience intermittent errors upon attachement opening: There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (0:104)
Running a repair on the impacted servers does temporarily resolve the issue, but it happens 3+ times a week on various server.

I appreciate any ideas y'all have on a more effective resolution than repairing.

Thanks much!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

As explained above, do you experience this error upon opening a PDF attachment only or receive it when opening any PDF file?

Since Repair Installation did help temporarily, how about trying after uninstalling the application from one of the system only and then reinstall it?

Lets see if that makes a difference. Use this cleaner tool for removal: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to provide a different link for the cleaner tool? The current link is giving a 404 error.

Once I have that I'll try to reinstall after using the cleaner tool.

Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the updated one https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html 

Let me know if it helps resolving the issue. 

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines