• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was an error opening this document. Access denied adobe

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the error message "There was an error opening this document. Access denied" in adobe when opening SOME PDF from the network. 

I emphasized some as other files in the folder open properly.  The files I cannot open, do not show a security tab when I click properties.  However, the folder is set to inherit permissions from the parent.  Other files in the folder open fine and I can see their properties. 

The original file creator can open the file as well as handful of users, while other can not (it is not an NTFS permission issue)

If I copy the file to my local computer, it opens fine.

If I turn off Enable Protected Mode at Startup, it opens fine from the network

Other files created on the same day by the same user open fine for me and other users

The network locations are in my trusted site GPO and I have also manually entered them into Adobes trust security zones.

Removing and reinstalling adobe reader does not work.  The file will not open in Edge, no error message just nothing happens.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone have any insights, I have referenced other issues like this on forum but beleive I have tired all the solutiuons presented so far.

Thanks

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines