• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails Missing in Vista Explorer Large & Extra Large View

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that thumbnail images are missing in the Vista explorer (View > Large/Extra Large Icon). I used to see a preview image in the explorer window without having to launch Acrobat Reader version 7.xxxx. I never use the preview pane, it was never necessary when the thumbnails provided a quick look inside the PDF document.

However, after installing version 8.1.1, these thumbnail images have disappeared and are now replaced by the generic Acrobat icon which came with the latest version. What's with that??? Do we HAVE TO upgrade from the free reader version to the pay version to get these previews?

This is not a Vista problem! This happened just after installing Reader 8. Images such as bitmaps, Photoshop psd files, png's, video mpg's, mpeg's and wmv's, for example, all display thumbnail images of the content in a Vista explorer folder window. But the PDF files only show the generic icon.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista Home Premium
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to integrate adobe pdf reader on mywebsite so my client can view their reports online. How can i?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that thumbnail images are missing in the Vista explorer (View > Large/Extra Large Icon). I used to see a preview image in the explorer window without having to launch Acrobat Reader version 7.xxxx. I never use the preview pane, it was never necessary when the thumbnails provided a quick look inside the PDF document. However, after installing version 8.1.1, these thumbnail images have disappeared and are now replaced by the generic Acrobat icon which came with the latest version. What's with that??? Do we HAVE TO upgrade from the free reader version to the pay version to get these previews? This is not a Vista problem! This happened just after installing Reader 8. Images such as bitmaps, Photoshop psd files, png's, video mpg's, mpeg's and wmv's, for example, all display thumbnail images of the content in a Vista explorer folder window. But the PDF files only show the generic icon. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista Home Premium Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
By @securetype

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to integrate adobe pdf reader to display online report of a remini app usage on website so my client can view their reports online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines