• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools Pane customization - why does it not work?

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to put the certificates tools permanently to the RHP, but it simply don't work to me. I have read the documentation about the "Tools customization" but that did not help. 

My Adobe Reader version is 2023.008.20555 x64 hungarian:

Bence3078780427fb_1-1713867848647.png

I don't have the "remove shortcut" option shown in the docs (neither have an add shortcut option).

Bence3078780427fb_2-1713867992651.png

I tried the registry way to add the tool at the toolbar, but that did not help and after I close the Adobe Reader, my registry entry simply disappears from the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AcroApp\cFavorites" key. If I understands correctly, I should put here a REG_SZ type entry with the name a2 (I have now a0 and a1 only after disabled the tools behind paywall) with the value of "CertificatesApp". And I have to put under the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\cAcroApp" key a REG_DWORD entry with the name "bDisableAcrobatShortcutCustomization" and value of 1.

It doesn't matter if I set this value to 0 or 1, it does not help. After I open the Adobe Reader, the certificates tool won't show at the RHP, but right after I close the Adobe Reader, it deletes this a2 entry.

I would like to send this setting through Group Policy to my already installed few hundred clients so the customized installer is not a solution for me.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After updated to the latest version 2024.002.20687, the symptoms are still the same.

Bence3078780427fb_0-1714025288362.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines