• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble installing Reader

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download Acrobat Reader and am having issues. An online notary service I'm planning to use requires "Acrobat Reader, Acrobat Standard, or Acrobat Professional with JavaScript and browser display enabled to access the digital certificate electronically attached to your notarized record." It then gives a line to download Adobe reader for free and says "You must have Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader version 6.x or newer." My Operating System is Windows 10.

I have an Adobe acct. for PhotoShop and LightRoom. I don't see an option for the free Reader version of Acrobat, just buttons for Try (7 day trial) and Buy for Acrobat Pro. There are no options for Reader or a free "lite" version. I wouldn't be using Acrobat enough to buy it, I could likely "Try" and do what I need during the trial period, but I'd like to be able to have access to the free Reader edition.

When I click on the provided link to the Reader edition I un-click the option to install McAfee Security Scan Plus because I don't want or need it. I click on the button to Download Acrobat Reader and the installation .exe shows up in my Downloads folder. So far no problems.

When I try installing I get to 28% and then the following message:

BigSwifty23_0-1710019537495.png

I click retry, the download % goes down to 6% and then starts downloading again, going up to 25%. Then it stops and I get this message without the option to retry:

BigSwifty23_1-1710019733386.png

I click on Finish and then get the following:

BigSwifty23_2-1710019784380.png

I've tried both of the provided links but nothing suggested works. JavaScript setting is turned on. This has happened at least 5 or 6 times. The percentage I'm able to download varies, but 28% is the highest I've gotten. My internet connection, though not the fastest in the world, is fine at the moment. Though I get a message saying there's a "connection error" I don't have a problem with my internet connection. Perhaps this message just means I'm having a specific connection error to the Adobe site.

A variable that may be an issue is that the download link I'm using is from a US based company and I live in Argentina, and perhaps this version of Acrobat Reader is not available in my region. That's the only thing I can think of as to what may be causing this problem.

When I Google Acrobat Reader Aregentina I click on the Adobe (Argentina) link which brings up the following:

BigSwifty23_3-1710020607125.png

I've tried both the US and Argentine websites with the same negative results. One thing I've notice is that each attempt downloads a slightly higher percentage than the previous attempt; but only around a 3% increase. The highest I've gotten is 31%. I have no idea if trying another 20-25 times will successfully download and install the program, but I'd rather not spend all that time if I don't have to.

My Adobe account is based in Argentina as it gives me this regions pricing and takes the montly fee in the local currency out of my local bank account. If necessary, I could live with the Spanish version if changing languages isn't an option, but I prefer English as it's my first language and though my conversational Spanish is fine, sometimes working with unfamiliar software in Spanish is more troublesome.

Any thoughts/suggestions/solutions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat reader is a free product. You can download that and use it on any computer, without having a subscription. https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Just be careful, sometimes they include some McAffee security software that you do not need. Be sure not to install that with your Acrobat, if you do not intend to do so.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines