Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two page view option gone

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I recently downloaded the Adobe Acrobat Reader on a new laptop that runs Windows 11.

You used to be able to go to 'view' and select 'two page view' in the reader. In this version, there is no 'View' option available and if you click on the display icon (an image of a page with 1:1 in the bottom right hand corner in default set-up) there's 'fit one full page, actual size' options but no two page option. I have also tried searching for 'view' and 'two page view' in the 'find text or tools' search bar, but no relevant results come up.

Please tell me I'm missing something and the two page view function is still there, as it was really useful for booklets.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All,

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback.  

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you will be able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as 'two pae view' and customizing these preferenc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not see the menu bar (File, Edit, View, etc.) at all or just the View menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the menu bar but there's no view option. Attached a picutre of what I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the new version of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the "Hamburger" menu (the three horizontal lines) in the top left corner. What do you see under it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Caroline27983759bu9r 

In the new Acrobat UI, click the Hamberger icon at the upper left corner of the screen> select View from the drop-down menu>Page-Display

AkanchhaS_0-1674168036010.png

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The option is still there in the hamburger menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
This is fine, but why the buttons disappeared from the panel? It was very handy and now you really have to alway go to the menü to reach them? I the previous version it was possible to customize this panel and add these options permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TK_1  This is a design behavior, as the New Acrobat UI has all the options aligned under one place.

We appreciate that, if you can fill out this form and share your feedback with our product team https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a TERRIBLE design behavior, as the New Acrobat UI has all the options aligned under one place TO MAKE YOU HAVE TO CLICK MORE TIMES TO ACCOMPLISH THE SAME THING AS BEFORE AND BURY COMMONLY-USED FEATURES UNDER DEEPER MENUS IN STRANGE PLACES, BECAUSE WE HATE OUR USERS AND WANT TO STRIP AWAY FUNCTIONALITY FOR "PRETTINESS."

There, fixed that for you.

At least I can completely disable the new UI, it's horrible - when setting up a new system disabling this latest abhorrent "design choice" is literally the first thing I do upon launching Acrobat.  Same for all the other engineers I work with, everyone rejoices when they find out we can turn off this awful "new and improved" (for who?) UI.  We review dozens of design specs, SOWs, SSDDs, etc. every month and having to click around in "all-in-one-place" menus in the new UI is tedious and annoying.  We can't even add stripped-out or buried features back to the "all-in-one-place" menus anymore either!

Considering that corporations are your major customers, why in the world would a UI design team try to make their employees' work slower?  Customizable and configurable and movable Toolbars have been a UI solution for 20+ years for a reason, but hey, "congratulations" on forging a new path in a direction that I have a hard time believing anybody asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable the new UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was forced to disable the new UI reverting back to older UI (that is not so great indead).

The new UI is pure rubbish, non intuitive and bloated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback.  

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you will be able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as 'two pae view' and customizing these preferences. We will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We're happy to provide helpful resources and answers to your questions.

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the "Menu" on the top left corner of  Windows OS and View Menu on MacOS. We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too use to use the 2-page view all the time. Please reinstate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree wholeheartedly.

I detest the new interface, because I use the 2-page view constantly. Its absence will cause me to not recommend Adobe Reader until it is re-instated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines