Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete temporary files

Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Acrobat Reader 11.0.0 in a XenApp 6.5 Environment on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.  We have recently started using Mandatory profiles and the option set to delete cached profiles on logoff.  We have started noticing that some of the profiles are not being deleted because of files that are locked by the system.  The files are named Z@*.tmp.  I have done some research into the issue and have found an article on your website that mentions this issue specifically:

http://blogs.adobe.com/dmcmahon/2011/11/08/acrobatreader-tmp-files-left-behind-in-temp-folder-after-...

Please note this article is dated 11/2011 and seems to refer only to XP, NT, and 2003 server.  Also at the bottom of the article it states the following:
Following our testing we have discovered that the issue does not occur in Windows 7, or Windows 2008 Server.  It seems that the updated versions of Windows provide a solution to this issue.  We would therefore recommend updating your OS if possible.

I have found that this is not that case and this issue seems to remain, at least in my configuration.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Attention all, the fix is finally here.  I opened a ticket with Adobe last week on this issue and they finally got back to me with an answer.  The issue was corrected in last month's (January 2016) release of Reader 11.0.14.  I already got the release and tested it thoroughly and it works as perscribed.  Hurray!

Thanks to everyone for their contributions to this thread.  I followed this thread miticulously in an effort to resolve my issues, obviously to on avail... it's a shame that this issue we

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 141 Replies 141
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, by strategy I mean applying the fix for a known bug. Thus was released 6 months ago as of this message, so far as I recall, and was discussed and confirmed in the messages immediately before yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems this Bug was fixed in Version 15.020.20042 and comes again with 15.023.20053

nice Adobe, good job -.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just for the records, isn´t fixed in 15.023.20056 either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not fixed in 15.023.20070 either....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having this problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The undeletable files issues is true for any recent version of Acrobat on any computer with any operating system

Adobe has dug in their heels and has NO intention on the face of this earth of fixing their broken product.

The only way I have figured out is Unlocker mentioned earlier one file at a time.

Adobe enjoys foisting an overpriced broken product on us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new version, new luck

but yeah, isn´t fixed in 17.009.20044 either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.......not fixed in 17.009.20058.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.......not fixed in 17.012.20093.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.......not fixed in 17.012.20095.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.......not fixed in 17.012.20098.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi notbebe,

Adobe released a new Version on 29.11.17

18.009.20050 Optional update, November 29, 2017¶

This release is a hotfix patch for Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC that addresses some important bug fixes.

18.009.20050 Optional update, November 29, 2017 — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes

Do you have any Information about the Problem is fixed in this Version 18.009.20050

I find this article here in from December 14.17

Slow printing on PDF files with non-system font embedded

Note:                        

When you apply the workaround, a temporary file is created and locked for each such PDF file users print. The temporary file is created in the user’s temporary directory. The filename is of the form Z@xxx.tmp. The users will not be able to delete this file in the current OS session. To delete it, a restart is required.

Do you know something about that? Seems that this behavior has something to do with the issue of the tmp files.

I Need any Information about it. We must know if the new Version maybe fix the Problem after so Long time.

Best Regards

Kai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anny update about this annyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is back for me with version 2022.001.20085

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me too. In Version 22.002.20191. Fixed in 2016, back in 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here on RD server 2019, same issue with the Z@ files causing a lot of profiles to become stuck (not deleted at user logoff). We are using User Profile Disks for this server. Problem doesn't seem to occur with all pdf. Difficult to reproduce. Looks like in 2023 this issue is still arising. 
The acrobat version used is the unified one where without logging in to an Adobe account it works like Acrobat Reader, and with a logged in subscription it becomes Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines