• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 11 Laptop.

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on a brand new Samsung Galaxy Book. 

After setup the update installed Windows 11, I installed Microsoft Office professional 2021 and Chrome (now default browser). I noticed that Microsoft edge was defaulte PDF reader and  Adobe Acrobat reader was not visible in APPs.

I started installation via Adobe website and installation did not complete with message "newer version already installed". After several unsuccesful attempts via website and microsoft store I had a look at the C-drive and have found folders containing Adobe incl install.exe file which started installation but showed error code 1406 unable to write to registry.

I have contacted Samsung support but they have not been able to help.

I have had a look on the adobe website but solutions are only available up to windows 2000.

It appears that adobe does not provide chat support for acrobat reader.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please run the Adobe Acrobat Cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer once and reisntall the application using the direct link https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone, seems like lots of different solutions to this issue over time, probably refelecting different causes. So this may not be relevant to your specific case, but if, like me, you definitely haven't had a previous version that hasn't unisntalled properly (i.e. that Adobe setup folder in the hidden ProgramData folder referred to in other solutions doesn't exist, and there's no Adobe files/folders in your Bin) then try turning your security software off while you install (just remember to turn it all back on). Worked a treat for me! Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines