Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to make Hand Tool as default when opening files in Acrobat Reader DC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm unable to make Hand Tool default when I opened pdf files. I've checked the Preference settings. All looks good. The "Always display the keyboard selection cursor" is unchecked. However, whenever I opened the files, Select Tool was selected even after I changed it to Hand Tool several times.

The Acrobat Reader DC that I use is the latest version. I also tried both 32-bit and 64-bit. They have the same issue.

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Hi @Juncheng25682180w7xq 

This issue is fixed with the new release 22.2.20212 now available. Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

For more information about the new release please go through the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Hi Juncheng,

Sorry for the inconvience caused. We are showing Select Tool as default,  To change it to hand tool we can easily do it through just by selecting Hand tool and to get Hand tool selected always you can select Touch Mode Always under Preferences --> General.

Please let me know if this is not the issue to fix it asap.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juncheng,

This issue has already been reported to our engineering team, and the team is looking into it. 

As soon as we get the update, we will keep you posted.

We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Juncheng25682180w7xq 

This issue is fixed with the new release 22.2.20212 now available. Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

For more information about the new release please go through the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks. I've updated to the latest release which is 22.2.20212. However, it's still the same. The cursor is always on Select mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Juncheng25682180w7xq 

Please try to reboot the computer once after updating the application to the new version and see if that works for you.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks.

I did reboot several times but it's still remaining the same. Are there any settings I should be changing? I'm pretty sure "Always display the keyboard selection cursor" is unchecked. Please see the setting snapshot below.

Juncheng25682180w7xq_0-1663017087701.png

Juncheng

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Juncheng25682180w7xq 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html   and procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them with us via the document cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further isolating the issue?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juncheng,

Sorry for the inconvience caused. We are showing Select Tool as default,  To change it to hand tool we can easily do it through just by selecting Hand tool and to get Hand tool selected always you can select Touch Mode Always under Preferences --> General.

Please let me know if this is not the issue to fix it asap.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gaurav,

Great. Thanks. Now, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines