Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to new version 2017

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have got the Version Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from 2015 (Classic).

I saw that there is a new version from 2017. Unfortunately I can't use it with my "old" account. - Is it right that you have to buy a completely new version, if you want to use it? Or is it possible to get an update here?

I think the new version has not that much new features -It rather looks like a normal update for me- that it would worth it to spend money for it.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can buy a upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, that is too bad..

But is it worth doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the permanent license version of Acrobat nothing has changed. Every few years there is a new version and you have the choice of buying upgrades (and getting new features and support on the latest systems and apps), or sticking with what you have. You can look at the new feature list and decide if it is worth it for you.

The subscription version includes all upgrades in the lifetime of the subscription, and in the case of Acrobat there are also many smaller upgrades. The features which arrive all-at-once every few years in the permanent license arrive slowly over the months, so the permanent license can be several years behind.

One important thing is to recognise the version numbers, something even Adobe are not clear on. There was 7-8-9, then 10 (X), and 11 (XI). After that it was rebranded as Acrobat DC and there have been versions 15 (2015) and 17 (2017).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for your answer.

I think the changes are rather small compared to the older version.

If there would be a possibility to buy an upgrade and not only the new version for the full price, I would buy it.

The subscription version is to expensive for me - especially because there are no reduced prices for students..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an education price for students.  Call Adobe - their sales reps can give you a discount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, there is an education price - but there is no upgrade price so you have to buy the new (student) version..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is supposed to be a reduced price upgrade, but Adobe hide these things well. They are trying their best to encourage subscriptions. I wish they would communicate more clearly, rather than leave it to us to guess and try to explain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't get that right: is there a reduced, hidden upgrade version or not? If so, where can I find it?

I think it would be great if there would be a comparable model as office 365..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes there is a reduced price upgrade. No ZI don't know where, sorry.

2. I don't understand your final point. Surely the subscription Acrobat DC is just the same model as Office 365?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that's a pity.. If you find out, let me know..

Sorry, this point wasn't quite good formulated..

Of course the subscription model is the same, but the price is much higher for Acrobat DC. Office costs for students almost nothing..

I know Acrobat is a very powerful program, but I think a price about 30€ for students per year would be fine too.

For the creative cloud there is also a reduced price..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, Creative Cloud includes Acrobat Pro. Just in case you didn't know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I knew, but I don't need all the other applications.. I am just using Acrobat Pro..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is one of Adobe's conditions for the student version: no upgrade pricing. Unless you want tabs I wouldn't bother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines