Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Users with "metafile download failed" error message

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am an Adobe employee working on the issues surrounding the download manager to download Adobe Reader.

The team is aware that some users are having difficulty downloading Adobe Reader due to an error message, "metafile download failed".

If you are one of the users having the problem of "metafile  download failed" error message, please send me a private message with  your email address so we can contact you.

Thanks,

-Yuko C.

NOTE:  to send a private message, click on the User Name to go to their  profile page and then use the link to send a private message in the  Action panel there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yuko,

I stumbled upon your post.  Not sure if you already had enough volunteers or not.  I had the same "metafile download failed" error message today when trying to install Reader X.

I can be reached at "mleng AT birdrf.com".  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this problem from my computer at work.  Win7, corporate proxy server, tried both IE8 and Firefox 5, neither works.  Metafile download fails at 0%.

I can be contacted as asnarb at gmail dot com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received the metafile download failed error on both Flash and Reader when attempting to install on a clean install of Vista 32bit Home Premium with IE8, the instalation was attempted through a wi-fi access point attached to a transparent proxy sever.

The instalation of both products was successful when I changed the network access direct to the ADSL router and bi-passed the proxy sever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yuko,

I am having this same issue - my computer always halts at 33% comleted, then gives the metafile error message.  My e-mail is jrbeckwith@fedex.com

Please help, I'd say 40-50% of my work needs Adobe available.  I have Windows firerwall and a proxy, but have tried to disable the firewall and anti-virus when installing with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the "metafile download failed" error message.

smotria@labcorp.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wanted to post again to thank those who have provided detailed information such as network configuration information or log files.  We are working on resolving this issue.

I also wanted to post again to inform you that we currently have sufficient information and no longer soliciting information about the issue of metafile download failed message.

I am, however, happy to provide you with a workaround if you are unable to install Flash Player or Reader.

Thank you,

Yuko C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to send a private message". I am having this problem and need the link to download adobe reader for windows 7.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you contact me please as I am having this issue a lot with users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you can get the direct download from here   http://get.adobe.com/reader/direct/  

Just enter your operating system and language and then download.

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting Error 1935. Don't know if it is the same one. But basically, download failed, even

though after all said and done, when I click on finish, it says successfully installed.

It's not on my program list.

What gives.

I just got CS5. And was trying to install reader 10. As it wouldn't install

acrobat with my cs5 disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shireenfx,

Error 1935 sounds like an issue with installation of Adobe Reader.

This article might help: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403465.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yuko

Please can you send me the work arounf for the metafile download failure for Reader

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on XP Pro SP3, IE8 and Flash 11.  Metalfile downloaded Failed error.  Please help

[email address removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[email address removed] I cannot get adobe to download correctly, keep getting metafile download fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I'm also having trouble updating Adobe reader. All updates have worked without a single issue until now so its certainly not my computer that is having the trouble.

Calling customer support I was shocked that I would NOT RECIEVE ANY support for your free pdf reader. Being asked to pay $35 to solve Adobe issues is completely unacceptable. Adobe is responsible for funding their own mistakes not the user. Lets not see Adobe heading down the same suicidal pathway as Microsoft.

On the positive side, when I asked I was adviced about this forum and how to find it. How do I install Adobe Reader XI or an earlier version?

BR
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines