• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is 100% zoom in a PDF?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a PDF and set it to 100% zoom, what exactly does that mean? 100% of what?

If I have a landscape letter size page, 100% zoom goes beyond the visible Reader window.  I am supposing this has something to do with document and screen resolution, but PDF Properties doesn't list a document's resolution, only it's size.
Related to this, if I want a document to open at 100% and give a specific size, say 1920 x 2400 pix, how would I go about achieving that?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% zoom means that 1 inch of the PDF page will appear on 1 inch of your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. But, an 11" wide document at 100% is displayed as 14.75" on screen. So that doesn't seem to be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then check the "Scale for screen resolution" setting under the application's Preferences, in the General tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Changing from the current setting of Auto-Detect to No Scaling does change the 100% size down to 11_7/8", but still not 11".
By trial and error, it seems the 100% zoom level doesn't depend on the resolution at which the PDF was published. Any resolution gives the same 100% screen size for the same paper size. But 100% screen size does depend on PDF paper size. At a larger paper size of the same content, 100% gives a larger view size for the same object, ie. a higher real zoom level. In other words, an object printed on Letter size appears smaller at 100% than if the same object is printed on Tabloid. Which does show - as you say - a relation between paper dimension and screen dimension at 100%. It just doesn't seem to be one-on-one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for me... Maybe there's some other scaling going on in your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS. I don't have a "No Scaling" option in this setting. I have "Auto Detect", "100%", "200%" and "System"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines