• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When save PDFs, always does "Save As." help please!

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently downloaded Adobe Reader XI. For PDFs that are already saved to my computer, whenever I comment on them (add text) and click Save, Adobe Reader always interprets that as "Save As" for the file and wants me to give it a name even though it already has one. When I give it the name it already has, Adobe Reader asks me if I want to replace the existing file. Does anyone know how to change this?? This is the case each time the PDF has been commented on. It is so very annoying. There aren't protections or locks on the PDFs that I 'm aware of. Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[FIXED]

1. Open your PDF
  2. Make any changes
  3. Edit
  4. Preferences (Or Ctrl + K)
  5. Security (Enhanced)
  6. Uncheck the "Enable Protected Mode at startup" box
  7. Save as (Just for this time)
  8. Close that PDF
  9. Reopen it, make another change and test it out with Ctrl + S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off enhanced safety which worked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why everyone in the market runs to third-party PDF viewers... issues like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe must be the ONLY company where SAVE and SAVE AS is the same function - why TF should I turn off "Enable Protected Mode" for the SAVE button to work like a SAVE button. No wonder people will find ANY other way of viewing PDFs than in fact using Adobe. Wake up Adobe and fix the stupid SAVE button - why the hell will anyone use "Enable protected mode?"??? brain dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines