• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where and how is Adobe reader software developed?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am a cybersecurity master's degree student assigned a paper on Adobe reader. I need help with the answers to the questions below. I tried to Google "Adobe reader development" but am only receiving pages and pages on how to use all the different Adobe software products. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Explore where and how the Adobe reader software is developed. 

1. Where does Adobe indicate their product is located/headquartered?
  2. Where is the software really developed and by whom?
  3. How many are involved in the development of Adobe and what threat might that pose to end users?

Thank you for your assistance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for an official reply from Adobe? If so, you can try their PR offices: https://news.adobe.com/contact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am not looking for an official reply from Adobe per se. I did contact them via the chat feature on the main website and I was directed to ask in the forum. I was told there would be representatives in the forum who could answer these questions for me.

If someone is able to provide information "unofficially" in the forum that is all I need. However, as you suggested, I also contacted the PR team with the questions.

My assignment is due this weekend and my research has led me nowhere. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think those questions are very difficult to answer, bordering on impossible. As is usually the case with such things, those who say don't know and those who know won't say... Also, the way the questions are worded makes it very unlikely you'll get an official reply, as they suggest foul play on behalf of the company, or at the very least severe incompetence.

The only way I can see someone getting answers to those questions is if they're a share-holder, or if an employee leaks the information, which they are not likely to do on the company's own forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you really expect Adobe to answer "what threat does that pose"? Much of the other stuff will be commercially sensitive. This is a difficult research indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply. I do appreciate the time you took to read my post.

Do you have any other thoughts on where I might gather any of this information? I am really stumped at this point. I didn't realize this was going to be so difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines