• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where has the Replace Text tool gone since update yesterday?

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Adobe Reader DC today and thought the toolbar looked different. The Text replace tool has gone (the one with the crossed-out T and the comment bubble beside it)!

I think Reader downloaded an update yesterday.

If I want to replace text (instead of just deleting or inserting, I can still do it manually (by highlighting the text I want to change and typing my changes). However, the changes appear in red and blue, which they didn't do before (text was just blue before).

I've checked the tools available and there's no option for the Text replace tool any more.

Also, the highlight colour has changed - it's now orange instead of yellow. Is this because of the update too?>

Was this meant to happen? I use the Replace text tool a lot. Please can In have it back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn¹t one anymore, just open the Comments and type in your new copy

it will automatically do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally figured out how to use the new Adobe Acrobat Pro DC!

Click on the comment or sticky note tool.

Highlight the text you wish to strikethrough or replace.

Right click on highlighted item.

Choose the appropriate tool (strikethrough, add note to replace text, add note, highlight, edit, etc.)

The comment list will appear on the right side of the page.

Type your replaced text in the comment box and click post.

To delete or edit a change, click on the three dots at the top right corner of that comment in the list, and select your desired option.

To add a sticky note, click on the comment tool, move your comment cursor to the desired spot, right click, and select your tool. Sticky note is at the very top.

Good luck to all of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines