• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to download old versions of Acrobat Reader that are newer than October 2020

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download the installer for a 2022 version of Acrobat Reader.  2022.003.20310 would be ideal, but a version close to that would probably work.  I've read other posts about getting them from Adobe's FTP site, but those old versions appear to stop at October 2020.

Where can I download old versions of Acrobat Reader that are newer than October 2020?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lc-sh 

We apologize for the delay in response.

Adobe recommend you to keep your application up to date. If you are having trouble accessing the application, please let us know. 

Go to Acrobat> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manually, more information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Also, you can download the base track from the above link too: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I very much 'dislike' the latest update of Adobe Acrobat.  I am looking everywhere to find the previous version to re-install it.  Even 2020 would okay, as I do not want to use the current one.   (I found Adobe 5.5 and will have to live with that until I get something more, but as I teach students, being able to underline, circle... words helps them to focus and learn).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you were incapable of understanding the question which was asked.  The question did not ask whether the latest version of the software should be used.  The question was where to get a copy of an older version of the software.  Using the latest version of software would be fine if new versions actually improved the software, but too often these days they are a step backwards.  The updates to Adobe Reader and to the Lightroom mobile app last year are cases in point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I very much agree!  I have a PDF repair manual for my car, and it's set up in a weird way.  You open a main PDF that links to different sections.  You click on which section you want, and it opens the appropriate PDF.  It's been months on a new version that just crashes Reader when I click a link, so now I have to go hunting through 73 PDFs to try to find which section I need!!  How is this an improvement??  Occasionally, it DOES work, but they've remove the "back" button so when I need to bounce to a different section of the manual, I can't.  Useless!  Why would I want a new, updated version when the old version is far more stable AND functional for my needs??  Adobe's official response is tone-deaf and wastes everybody's time.  I'm on the search for a version from about 2022 myself; oldversion dot com only shows up to versions in 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a shame to get this kind of answer from an official Adobe representative...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a reason why people are requesting older versions.

The old Preferences -> General -> Open Documents as new tabs option seems to have disappeared, so that I can no longer have the option to open documents in separate windows instead of separate tabs, which the older version used to allow me. Also, that floating selection of font for Annotations seems to have been replaced by an arcane system of going into preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the new UI. You don't need a older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I disable the new UI, I lose the ability to annotate. Which is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't lose this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines