• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are dropdown selections reverting to default when the user clicks into a different field?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We use fillable PDF forms in our organization and we are running into a problem.

From Adobe Reader ONLY, when a user selects an item on a dropdown list and then clicks into another field, the dropdown select reverts to default value. There is no scripting or anything special about this dropdown, it's just basic text selection.There is also nothing conditional or special coding with any other field on the form. Very basic stuff. It's worth noting that this problem doesn't happen every time and doesn't happen with every user of Adobe Reader.

I tried changing the dropdowns to have the option Commit Selected Value Immediately checked and that didn't make a difference.

Any thoughts on how to work around this problem or resolve it? I might just change the drop down to check boxes if I have to but I don't want to do that if not necessary.

Thanks,

Karli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

At Calculate of the dropdowns use the entry "Value is not calculated".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd, I cannot share the form as it contains sensitive information to our company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you produce a file that has the same behavior without the sensitive parts? Maybe just copy the fields in question to a new, black file... Unless we are able to reproduce this issue it's very difficult to help you solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a team of teachers. This issue suddenly appeared for us today.

Here's a link to a file showing these behaviors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue. Any advice or resolution yet? I can send a copy if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was a solution found to this? I'm having the same issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share a file for help with this issue. It's most likely a badly written script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No script. My issue was “commit to selected value immediately” was not checked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if anyone has been able to solve this issue? I'm having the same issue, all of my drop down menus have "Commit Selected Value Immediately" box selected and have different individual names for each drop down menu. I also shared this form with 2 other users within my organization and they both said that the drop down menu reverts back to default choice after clicking away from the menu. I've attached form here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Calculate of the dropdowns use the entry "Value is not calculated".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you so much. For the complete solution: 

- Select the drop down menu that you're having issues with. 

- Left click > Properties. 

- In the dialog window that opened, toggle to the Calculate tab at the top. 

- Select the "Value is not calculated" option. 

- Close the dialog window. 

I had to do this for every drop down menu but there wasn't many for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I select a yes, no, choose one or N/A on my fillable form,  all of my dropdowns are selecting as yes. Can someone please help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you use any script in the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines