• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't i electronically sign a secured PDF?

Advocate ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This form here https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/80.pdf  requires a signature on page 17 but the "Fill & Sign Tools" are disabled. Does that mean they don't want you to sign it electronically?

Cheers,

Harry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Hi HarryKunz,

We have tried the same at our end, and this issue is not reproducible.

We have been able to sign the document in the Adobe Reader DC application using the Fill & Sign tool.

As the link you have shared that directed me to the online document, and the steps needs to be follow-

• Download the file as PDF
  • Opened Adobe Reader DC
  • Select Fill & Sign tool
  • Select "Sign" at the top > Add Signature or Add Initial
  • Place the Signature (Drag and Drop) in the right field where you wish to add them (Si

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HarryKunz,

We have tried the same at our end, and this issue is not reproducible.

We have been able to sign the document in the Adobe Reader DC application using the Fill & Sign tool.

As the link you have shared that directed me to the online document, and the steps needs to be follow-

• Download the file as PDF
  • Opened Adobe Reader DC
  • Select Fill & Sign tool
  • Select "Sign" at the top > Add Signature or Add Initial
  • Place the Signature (Drag and Drop) in the right field where you wish to add them (Signature of Applicant)
  • Save File

If it is not working at your end, then please help us with the exact workflow that you are following.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! i was using the wrong Adobe reader. I installed Reader DC and there it works indeed, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iam blind outdated compoter my pfd said i was missing siganature p;ease how do i  get thjere scdhoo

lam blind totally alwaysm have troublwe with pfd im blind my pfsd signaturen was wrong how do i fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. I'm signing a secured pdf using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The Fill and Sign toolbar just has a greyed out Sign button which I can't click. When I try to install again from the site, it tells me I already have this verison. So I think it's an actual bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I figured it out. I clicked on the Security Settings on the left (the lock icon), and I saw that certain operations are not allowed. For me, signing itself was not allowed. The only thing allowed was Printing and Content Copying for Accessibility. Guess I gotta tell the HR person who sent me this how to do her job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me was this:

1. fill in all fields in the secured PDF form

2. print (or press ctrl-P) to PDF (in my case, I had 'Microsoft Print to PDF' as the printer)

3. save the print file (as PDF) in the desired location

4. open the said PDF file as usual, go to 'Tools' > 'Sign & Certify' and select the desired signing option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked Beautifully.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and the secured PDF will not allow to be printed to a PDF. Normally I can print to a PDF. It only allows it to be printed out by a printer. The only way possible to sign it for me is physical ink. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou - worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines