• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is acrobat reader not available for my MacBook Air?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a MacBook Air and my acrobat reader needs an update since it's incompatible with MacBook Air until an update is made by the owner of the app. It tells me to contact the support for the app, but have no clue how to do that and end up in this community support group. Does anyone know if I'm SOL in using Acrobat Reader on my MacBook Air? If so, any suggestions for a .pdf reader I should download? I use acrobat reader on my iPhone and iPad on a regular basis and am so disappointed I don't have this capability on my MacBook Air.

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Sounds like you're trying to run an ancient version of Acrobat Reader. It is fine with Macbook Air of course, but you need a version to run with your new Mac OS system. Same with all old apps.

Why not just download the latest? Or is it that you don't know where to get it...? http://get.adobe.com/reader

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pppotts

Hope you are doing well sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to use Adobe Acrobat on Macbook Air

Would you mind sharing the version of the Macbook Air you are using? To check the version of the OS please check the steps here https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201260

Also a screenshot of the error message would help us to better understand the issue.

Additionally, you may go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-update-errors-acrobat-reader.html and see if that works.

We are here for help just need more information

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running MacOS Big Sur, Version 11.6.2. Latest version of OS. I think my problem is I have an old version as several have mentioned that is a 32-bit app and I need the 64-bit app. I am not sure what app to download for the 64-bit. Can you give me a screen shot of the app, or the exact name I need to download? It must be different than the app that I use for iPhone and iPad since I can't find anything in the App Store for my MacBook Air that looks like the Acrobat Reader that is on my phone and iPad. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to download the acrobat reader latest version onto my MacBook Air. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're trying to run an ancient version of Acrobat Reader. It is fine with Macbook Air of course, but you need a version to run with your new Mac OS system. Same with all old apps.

Why not just download the latest? Or is it that you don't know where to get it...? http://get.adobe.com/reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. I was using or trying to use the 32-bit app instead of the 64-bit app. I'm not sure which app I need to download, but I've asked that question. But you too are right....I'm not positive I know where to get this app if it's not in the Apple App Store. Can you tell me where I go to download the version that will work on MacBook Air running OS Big Sur ver.11.6.2? Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing.....the link you provided in your answer http://get.adobe.com/reader doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore my last reply....if I type the url is works. I too don't know how to edit a reply once I post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines