• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win10 pro - how to set default for all users

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive installed the latest reader but for the life me I cant understand why its not the default for all users on this 10 machine.. I mean you cant expect every user to change the default pdf assoc setting (we have 20 people that share these machines). It should be the default for all if I install it..  And why is edge the default reader anyways.  10 is killing me

Help - there must be a way to make it the default for the machine..

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stevesousa1228,

As you have explained above, if I understand correctly you have 10 machines and that is used by around 20 people and all the machines have Adobe Reader DC installed on it and that turns off as default application to open pdf each time?

If application installed on 10 different machines separately then you at first time you need to set the Adobe Reader DC as default application to open pdf separately on each machine. However once you do that it should always open the pdfs in Reader DC only and shouldn't switch to edge.

You may refer to the forum thread Stop EDGE from switching to PDF default  where similar issue has been addressed.

Also, refer to- Associate PDF files to always open in Acrobat or Reader on Windows 10

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry not the issue at all.  One machine with many users.  Win10 pro .

I login with admin account install reader and want it to be default PDF reader for any user on the machine moving forwad....with out them having to make any changes themselves.  That simple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you guys provide an answer to the question? How can we make Adobe Reader or Acrobat the default PDF viewer for all users on Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe and Akki_24​

Can you guys provide an answer to the question? How can we make Adobe Reader or Acrobat the default PDF viewer for all users on Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines