• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10: Every time I open the program, "ACCESS DENIED" message pops up

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to view a document using Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows 10, within a few seconds, a popup (screenshot attached) opens. It begins to load a signin page before being replaced by this access denied message. It reads:

Access Denied

You do not have access to this service.
Contact your IT administrator to gain access, or sign in with an Adobe ID. 

I had Creative Cloud account with my school under this email address, but upon graduation a few months ago my access to the creative suite was revoked. I have signed out of everything and uninstalled creative cloud as I no longer need it, but I still regularly use reader. Having to click out of this message every single time I view a document is incredibly frustrating, and makes me seriously question whether I ever want to deal with an Adobe progam again in the future.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , PDF forms , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

As you get the message "Access Denied", could you please confirm if it happens with some particular type of PDFs?

Are you opening PDFs from local storage or a network location?

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the application? If not, please remove the application and reboot the machine once.

Then reinstall the application from this page: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meenakshi,

First of all, this is still Steven - my school terminated all graduates' email addresses last night, so I am now signing in using another email.

The link you provided seemed to resolve the issue - although I had uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice earlier from https://get.adobe.com/reader/, the issue persisted until I tried again using the page you linked. Thank you!

For your reference, all PDFs I opened presented me with the message, as well as opening the Reader program itself rather than a PDF file. In addition, I believe that the termination of my enterprise email address is not what resolved the issue - I still received the message using the previous install of Reader this afternoon, even after losing access to my email and linked Adobe account over 12 hours earlier.

But yes - the issue seems to be resolved! I will be in touch once again if it returns, but for now I am able to open documents without the "access denied" message.

Thank you for your assistance,

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines