• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (X86)\Adobe...

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to launch Adober Reader, I get the message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (X86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe".  But the file is there, and I get the message even when I double-click on the file name in the File Manager.  I'm using Windows 10.  I have already chatted with tech support.  He led me through using the special cleaner to uninstall, then to re-install.  It didn't help.  I have already looked through other help postings.  I had a similar problem with Microsoft Office, but was able to resolve it through their tech support.  The problem may have been caused by teleworking and using Adobe (and office) on the remote computer and the local computer at the same time, and something getting confused.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you receive the error message when trying to load the application, please share some details as asked below to further investigate the issue.

- You have mentioned above that you are using Acrobat Reader on the remote and local computers. Do you receive the error on both or only on one?

- Are you using any security software/ antivirus on the machine?

- Share the logs collected via the Acrobat and Reader Process Monitor tool (https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatmonitor.html)

- Share the installer logs. You can find installer logs from the following location on Windows: \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

We will be waiting for your response.

Please feel free to post here if you need any help or have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines