• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word Search in PDF not working as expected

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new computer using Windows 10 & Office 2016. I just edited an old PowerPoint file and saved it to PDF. I then did a word search in the newly created PDF which did not work as large blue boxes appeared. I tried this using both Adobe Reader DC & Adobe Acrobat X with similar results. I sent the document to a colleague and she cannot do a word search either. I then did a similar word search using older PDFs and it worked as expected. Any help would be appreciated.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Hello Jackc,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, I can understand that you are not able to search a Word in a PDF which was converted from a powerpoint document, is that correct?

Are you getting any error message while searching any word? Are you using the Find function CTRL + F or the Advanced Search Feature Shift+Ctrl+F?

Have you tried searching any word in another PDF file? If not, please try. Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem, which was that the "find" was taking me to words that resembled the search term, but not directly to the exact search term. Now it seems to be fixed and I know what to do in the future: Thank you "osaydmq"! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise, that worked for me. Thanks! The number of things that can go wrong is astounding. Fortunately the Web is very helpful in these situations.

Shame on Adobe for not being able to maintain a decent level of robustness while imposing its format to everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having hte same issue.  I never had that before.  Now, the seach is horrible and sometimes the search takes me to a word that is similar in spelling but definitely not the right word.  Like I could be looking for "hydrophilic" and it shoes me words that say "hydrogen".  

I've tried all the tricks and now must conclude something is wrong with adobe.  I've resorted to old school use of my index in the textbooks I'm using it for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable all Features and export the document to Ritch Text Format. You will be able to use the search function in MS Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame Adobe Acrobat guys cannot answer.  One has to go around and eventually find no solution.  I have similar problem and not finding a correct solution or answer.  My PC is NEW has Windows10 and I dowloaded Adobe Acrobar Reader DC only yesterday.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but there under document there is no such link as > OCR Text Recognition > Recognize Text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the fix!!! See the link 

Though the only difference is in my Adobe Acrobat 9 pro extended I had to go to document then down to ORC text recognition, recognize text using ORC.

I use this on scanned PDFs and it's such an amazing tool!!!

https://help.illinoisstate.edu/accessibility/website-and-digital/pdf-accessibility-with-adobe-acroba...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines