Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC Does not show PDF as expected

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks!

I am a software developer at a small company in germany. We programatically edit PDF form fileds and fill them with customers data for our clients.

We use the PDF-XChange Editor to set form field names and properties etc and our clients and customers are mostly using Adobe Reader for viewing these PDF's.

Now i have the following problem:

Some PDF's contain small calculations, like adding some fields up. After we processed the PDF with a .NET Library and open it in Adobe Reader DC the calculation partly does not work any more. But if i open the same file in PDF XChange-Editor the calculation just works fine.

We also tried it on different machines, but we got always the same result.

I have attached the PDF i am talking about. On page 20 are the calculations. The left one, labeled SUMME, just works fine, but the right one, also labeled SUMME is broken. 

I am using the Adobe Reader DC version 2019.021.20056 if this helps.

Now i try to find answeres to my questions and i hope maybe someone here had a similiar problem or can help me.

Hopefully i described my problem clearly, if not please do not hesitate to ask!

Kind regards

Arnd

TOPICS
PDF forms , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is something wrong with this form. In Acrobat Reader I get following error messages:

TypeError: f is null
1282:byteCodeTool
TypeError: f is null
1282:byteCodeTool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines