Highlighted

Acrobat Reader DC - high cpu usage - suddenly

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone,

i'm experiencing a very annoying behaviour of acrobat reader on win 10, I usually work all the day having acrobat reader always open with 4/5 simple pdf files open, about a month ago I started experiencing this problem:

suddenly, the cpu usage of the adobe reader process goes high, without any action or any new files opened or whatever, it just starts randomly, as you can see from this picture acreddca.PNG

more than 20% of a quad core i7 7th, causing overheat and useless fan noise. pointless

I can't really understand why this happens, I have the latest version installed, i always check and install updates, but nothing changes, I also performed the "repair installation" tool and I also uninstalled it completely then reinstalled.

It's very very annoying, all day it works normally then suddenly starts doing that. If i close and re-open it sometimes it keeps working normally, sometimes the problem reappears in a while.

Topics

Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Reader DC - high cpu usage - suddenly

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone,

i'm experiencing a very annoying behaviour of acrobat reader on win 10, I usually work all the day having acrobat reader always open with 4/5 simple pdf files open, about a month ago I started experiencing this problem:

suddenly, the cpu usage of the adobe reader process goes high, without any action or any new files opened or whatever, it just starts randomly, as you can see from this picture acreddca.PNG

more than 20% of a quad core i7 7th, causing overheat and useless fan noise. pointless

I can't really understand why this happens, I have the latest version installed, i always check and install updates, but nothing changes, I also performed the "repair installation" tool and I also uninstalled it completely then reinstalled.

It's very very annoying, all day it works normally then suddenly starts doing that. If i close and re-open it sometimes it keeps working normally, sometimes the problem reappears in a while.

Topics

Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 13, 2020 3
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused due to the issue. Could you pls. provide us a process dump when the cpu usage spikes up? From the snapshot it looks you have a windows machine, so you can use task manager to get the dump. Detailed steps can be found here

Thanks,

Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, i'll post the dump as soon as it will occur again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, as expected it happed again just now, i made the dump but it's 600mb, how can i upload it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls. upload the dump using any file share utility and provide the link for the dump here.

Thanks,

Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You have provided the dump for one AcroRd32 process. There should be two processes in the task manager when protected mode is turned 'on'. The dump does not have much information. Can you pls. provide the dump for both the processes?

Thanks,
Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was the high cpu consimuing process, by the way I have to wait next occurrence of the problem to get it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on schedule, It just happened again... here you go with both the process dumps https://file.io/2RzO6CGp

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The link does not seem to work. It gives a 404 error: page not found. Could you pls. check it again?

Thanks,

Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm sorry, that should work https://file.io/nQvJ4t5v

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but I am not able to access this link also. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first link 'https://file.io/5R1qODCv' also had issues. The link was pointing to some other location whereas the text was something else. When I copied the text, it worked at that time. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, you were not able to access any of the two?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way this is working http://a.tmp.ninja/ru2ZHmDzdvtL.rar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have investigated the process dumps and would be needing a few more logs here. Can you please also share the procmon logs of the affected machine for further investigation. Download the Procmon tool (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon). Run the Procmon application, and recreate the issue and collect the logs.

Please upload the procmon logs to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share it with us.

Thanks,

Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you need from procmon?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Process Monitor (aka ProcMon) is an advanced monitoring tool by Microsoft that shows a real-time file system, registry, and process activity. With this we can track file/registry level activity to troubleshoot issues. The process to collect procmon logs is as below:

1. Download Process Monitor from Windows Sysinternals page, extract and run it:
  2. Set the below filter in procmon
    • Process Name is Acrobat.exe
    • Process Name is AcroRd32.exe
    • image.png
  3. Do the required steps/workflow and save the logs in the end.
  4. Reproduce the issue without closing the utility;
  5. Click File ->Save in the main Process Monitor window and send to us.

Thanks,

Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, but i have to remind you that i don't know how to reproduce issue... it just appears randomly, so i think it will take at least a 1-day monitoring to catch it.

Should i run procmon or procmon64 ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, pls. take your time. You can use procmon. Meanwhile, we will continue our investigations.

Thanks,

Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i started it...

by the way, is there anything "strange" emerging from dumps?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing as of now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shuold have it...I think the last 10-15 minutes

I uploaded log on documentcloud link you gave me, but i cannot generate link to share because of my free account... what should I do?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use any other file sharing utility and provide us the link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote you on pm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - seems to be related to LogTransport2.exe.  If I go to task manager and kill that process it immediately drops the CPU usage.  Have followed all the comments about installing/deinstalling and installing the optional update, but still no joy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run the Process Monitor - and LogTransport 2 has created 1.8 million events in under 3 minutes - and continues to keep going.  (another 100,000 events in the time it took to type this bracket).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur--my IT department just spent 2 entire days debugging my machine, scanning for viruses and spyware, checking BIOS info, running diagnostics, and monitoring CPU core temps along with windows updates and all driver updates. 

Alas...I find this forum, hit "End Task" on LogTransport2.exe and my CPU IMMEDIATELY drops from 67% on a an Intel Core i7 vPro 8th Gen processor running at over 4Ghz (6 cores and a powerful GPU for extra power). The fans, which were going crazy, immediately turned off. 

I confirm, this .exe file and the other Log Transport task that runs concurrently is the source of my problem.  For the people at Adobe who might be working on a fix, here is some info about my computer:

Dell laptop

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8850H CPU @ 2.60 GHz

16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) RAM

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Pro (uppdates current as of 5/28/2020 6:05pm)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here for a client of ours, logtransport2.exe consuming 25% cpu constantly with latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC. Seems to be stuck in some kind of loop.

I have completed a repair install - no change.

Tried disabling it by modifiying the registry: HKCU\Software\Adobe\CommonFiles\UsageCC\(user GUID) as per https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/UsageMeasurement.html but it had no effect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... logtransport2.exe taking upwards of 25% CPU

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing exactly the same issue.  Just installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC this afternoon.  LogTransport Application (32bit) is using over 30% of my CPU.  I know it's happening when the CPU fan kicks on.  If I disable the program in Task Manager, it immediately unloads the CPU and the fan kicks off.

Any resolution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if you can share the process dump and the procmon logs to us for investigations.

Thanks,

Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About my dump, i think it was not logtransport the problem, did you manage to read it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still seeing the issue? Can you pls. try updating to the latest patch and see if the problem gets resolved. The dump you shared did not have any specific hangs.

Thanks,

Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0