• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat ReaderDC double sided printing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This concerns Acrobat ReaderDC v. 2017.012.20093 on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.12.6.

All multi page pdf documents printed in Acrobat come out double sided. I have read the other posts/answers to this problem wherein the proposed solution is to uncheck the double sided print check box in the print dialogue box. Unfortunately no such check box exists in my print dialogue box. See the screen shot below as evidence of this.

The problem is clearly linked only to Acrobat ReaderDC as all other programs (Word, Excel, etc) print multi page documents normally on my Brother MFC-J6920DW printer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevorm,

As per the description above, you are not getting the option to uncheck the "Print on both sides of Paper" as you want to stop both side printing in Adobe Reader, Is that correct?

Please navigate to File>Print> and uncheck the "Print on Both sides of Paper"

You may also refer to Print double-sided | Adobe Acrobat, Reader DC  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/print-double-sided-acrobat-reader.html

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

Yes that is correct - I am trying to stop double sided printing, however the option does not show up in the print dialogue box, therefore it cannot be unchecked. Why is the option not showing up in my print dialogue box?

I have already gone through all of the references you cite. They all indicate that you have to uncheck the “Print on both side of paper” box which should sit just above the “Orientation” checkpoints in the Print Dialogue Box. In my case the "Print on both side of paper” box does not appear in the Print Dialogue box. This is why I included a screen shot showing this in my post.

So in answer to your second question - no you have not been of any help because you continue to provide the same answer I’ve already told you does not work.

Trevor M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, but the screenshot you tried to share was not uploaded properly, kindly share the screenshot throughHow to share a document

If you are not getting the checkbox  for “Print on both side of paper”, please try to repair the installation file of Adobe Reader from Help>Repair Installation.

You can also check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates.

If the issue still persists, please uninstall and reinstall the Adobe Reader.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attaching the screen shot here. Not sure why it didn’t load to the website. As you can see, there is no box to uncheck regarding double sided printing.

I have re-installed the software twice. It does not change what you see below. I think Adobe has done something wrong with their latest update.

Trevor M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Please check for the latest updates of the Printer i.e. download and install the latest drivers of Brother MFC-J6920DW.

I have also sent you a Private message with certain information, please check the email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the latest driver update but there was no change. Any pdf opened in Acrobat will not show a choice for double sided printing in the print dialogue box. The same pdf opened with Preview will show a choice for double sided printing in the print dialogue box and that choice is unchecked by default.

Trevor M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Please go through the following link and check the response numbers from 16 to 19 and 28 Menu option for "print on both sides" not displayed

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

That part of the thread is of no help other than to point out that this is clearly a problem that Adobe has created with the latest update to Reader. I believe my last email to you makes the situation perfectly clear, i.e.

- I have the latest print driver installed

- All other programs print properly as either single sided or double sided per the choice I make in the dialogue box

- pdf’s opened in Preview print properly, i.e. if single sided is chosen it prints single sided; if double sided is chosen it prints double sided

- pdf’s opened in Acrobat PRINT DOUBLE SIDED EVERY TIME DESPITE THE “DOUBLE SIDED” CHECK BOX NOT BEING CHECKED IN THE “PRINTER” SUB DIALOGUE BOX OF THE PRINT DIALOGUE BOX.

Clearly Abobe needs to get their house in order and fix this mess immediately, with a general apology for their incredible stupidity to all Mac users.

Trevor M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent a Private message, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Any multi-page PDF is printing double sided.  Drivers, etc. are all updated.  This is an Adobe issue.

Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnr,

I have sent you a TEST file in the Private message, please check your email inbox. Try to print the file and check.

Is it possible to share a PDF file which you are trying to print and getting double side print?

Share the file in the  Private message only.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

I am not sure why you are addressing these messages to “Johnr”?

It does not matter what pdf file it is. ALL pdf files either created by someone else or on my computer print out as double sided only. Nevertheless, I have attached a multi page pdf document as requested. This document only prints out double sided.

Trevor M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, having the same issue. In all adobe programs, actually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnr,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please go through the following link and check the response numbers from 16 to 19 and 28 Menu option for "print on both sides" not displayed Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/996614

You may also try to check File properties, navigate to File>Properties>Advanced and under the Print Dialog Presets, you will find Duplex Mode as Simplex.
Kindly check the documents you are printing, has the Print preset as Simplex or Duplex.

Keep us posted with the results.
Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

Why are you addressing me as Johnr and providing the same unhelpful links that you provided many emails ago?

Trevor M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Trevor,

Another user, facing similar issue has posted the issue statement in your original post, and while replying to the user Johnr, you are also getting the notification.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information. We're looking into this and will follow up with next steps ASAP.

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Air running High Sierra (OS 10.13.2) and using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 Version 2017.011.30070.  The Adobe print dialog box does not provide the "Print on both sides of paper" option box whether the .pdf document properties are selected as Simplex or Duplex.  All .pdf documents print on both siders of the paper.  I cannot print single sided.  This makes the very expensive Adobe Acrobat Pro program useless for single sided printing.  I have to use the (free) Preview program supplied by Apple to print .pdf documents single sided. (Preview will also print two-sided with the standard Apple OS print dialog box.)  I use both an HP Envy 7640 printer and an HP Photosmart 7520 printer.  Both printers will only print .pdf documents two-sided with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

This problem did not exist with Adobe Acrobat X and XI.  It appeared when Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 were introduced.  I was running Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) when I first encountered the problem and the problem persists when I upgraded to Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra).

This is a problem that only new Adobe products have.  No other software I use (MS Office, Filemaker Pro, etc.) has a problem printing two-sided or one-sided.

Adobe, please fix this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree totally with this, except that I cannot print duplex. Any solutions that "Anand Sri" offers in this or other threads over the past few months are totally useless.

There doesn't appear to be any follow-up to Anand's post in October, promising "next steps ASAP".

There is NO "Print on both sides" option box in the print dialogue for either Adobe Reader or Acrobat DC. The print dialogue presets in "File, Properties, Advanced" don't work.

And Adobe want you to buy licenses on subscription for sub-standard software. I've been a user of Adobe products for 20 years, but they're losing the plot.

Please fix, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I spoke to CS who tried to help even though they do not support the product by phone.

I followed instructions on adobe website -- downloaded version 10.1.3

Did not fix problem.  THIS IS ADOBE'S SUGGESTED FIX

I tried printing to my husband's printer (different brand - not set up for duplex)

Still prints 2 sided. Obviously not a printer issue.  My printer has 2 sided printing off.

The previous post is 100% correct.

We need help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi laraineb87543974

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please share a call back number, the best time for a callback, time zone, via private message, so that I can arrange a call back for you and can discuss this issue further.

How Do I Send Private Message Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1184148

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricky,

I followed the instructions and things were going well until after the last step where it asked me to sign is my password and log-in information.  I didn't know what to do and just exited the program.  Did you get asked for a final log in or password after the final step when you tried to close the browser window?

Thanks, terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines