Acrord32.dll cannot be referenced any more in VBA

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my Excel VBA projects I used a reference to the "Acrobat 10 type library"

which had the path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\reader\AcroRd32.dll

now at our company Acrobat Reader DC has been installed. The path is not available any more

What would be analogous is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.dll

but this is not displayed in the reference menu and if I try to install it manually via the file menu I get an error, that the reference can not be added.

My problem is, that broken references stop the whole project, even if it does not use pdf-functionality. Removing the reference leads to compiling errors as the Acrobat objects are recognized any more.

I also have Acrobat installed, but the VBA projects should and did run (at least the code not requiring Acrobat/pdf) before, so how can I add a reference again, which defines my Adobe objects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

It's messing with my excel macros as well. I can't merge PDFs or create a collection anymore. However, I'm able to remove it from the references and the rest is working. If you find any solution, please let me know.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines