• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrord32.exe - unable to locate component. App has failed to start because lxbcgf.dll was not found.

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, From my perspective my problem seems to be very simple but of course I have not been able to rectify the situation. Here is my dilemma. When I try to print a PDF file ( any PDF File) a message appears, lxbcgf.dll was not found.  I will tell you what I have investigated.  I did a search of the file in question and it does exist in 2 locations within windows/system32 + another 4 levels deep. I checked on the sizes the dates etc. all exactly the same. So just to make sure that was all correct I went to the Command prompt and keyed in: sfc /scannow, that turned out fine, the files are where they should be.   Lasted approx. 45 minutes and no problems. I am running windows XP SP3. I also have removed, downloaded and reinstalled Adobe Reader 11.0.08 3 or 4 times and of course no change.  I went to the get.adobe.com  website  for this version. I have been using Adobe reader for many years, viewing and printing Docs. with no problems.  I cannot figure out why Reader (Acrord32.exe) cannot find the file ( lxbcgf.dll)l in question. I can get on another web site and print a PDF File to my printer, no problem.  The file in question is associated with a Lexmark Printer, it has nothing to do however from my perspective with the printer or its printing. Once Reader can locate or identify with this file I should be able to print. How might I solve or further test my dilemma? Does the Registry have to modified? I would think not. I really don't want to touch the registry. Would appreciate a response or suggestion re: my dilemma. Thank you much.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?