• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activate / Deactiv desired setting on Open (PDF)

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have an PDF document with some functionality. But this just works if the marked (photo) setting is deactivated. Is there a way to deactivate this setting if I ( or anyone else) opens the PDF document?

activate_deactive_settings_on_open_PDF.png

Thank you for your help

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Open the file in Acrobat and then go to Tools - JavaScript - Document JavaScripts and create a new item (let's call it "scripts").
Delete the code that is created by default (the function definition) and replace it with the following:

if (app.runtimeHighlight) {
	if (app.alert("This document is best viewed with Fields Highlighting turned off. Do you wish to do that now?\n\nNOTE: This will also affect all other files you open. If you wish to enable it later you can do so via Edit - Preferences - F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's possible to embed a script in the file that will disable the fields highlighting, but you must have Acrobat to be able to do it. Also, it will affect all other files opened by the end-user, so you should at least inform them of this change before doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67,

thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately I am not really someone who can program and know where to "save" it.

Do you know how the code has to be and where I have to save it?

That would help me a lot.

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I really have no idea what to do.

Thank you in advance.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file in Acrobat and then go to Tools - JavaScript - Document JavaScripts and create a new item (let's call it "scripts").
Delete the code that is created by default (the function definition) and replace it with the following:

if (app.runtimeHighlight) {
	if (app.alert("This document is best viewed with Fields Highlighting turned off. Do you wish to do that now?\n\nNOTE: This will also affect all other files you open. If you wish to enable it later you can do so via Edit - Preferences - Forms.",2,2)==4) {
		app.runtimeHighlight = false;
	}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Try67,

thank you very much, that is exactly what i searched for!!!

thats like always if you know what to do its very easy. If you have no clue its like a huge forrest you cant walk through...

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines