Requesting Adobe assistance with error Adobe Acrobat 64BitMAPIBroker has stopped working.
Product: Adobe Reader DC Continuous Release 2020.012.20048
(Abobe Reader DC 64BitMapiBroker.exe file product version 20.12.20041.394260)
Additional products Microsoft Server 2012 R2 (6.3.9600 N/A Build 9600) - Windows update 2919355 is installed Outlook for Office 365 (16.0.12527.21230) 64-bit
Procedure to reproduce error 1. Open Adobe Reader DC. 2. Open a PDF file. 3. Click the email button. 4. Outlook new message appears with PDF file as attachment. 5. Send email is successful. 6. Reader DC: [File] --> [Close] 7. Reader DC: [File] --> [Exit] 8. Error message: Adobe Acrobat 64BitMAPIBroker has stopped working -- [Close the program]
Notes: Executed from Windows Server 2012 R2 desktop. Outcome is the same whether Outlook is open or closed.
Troubleshooting steps completed. 1. Tested Outlook MAPI API (1 of 2): successfully sent image as file attachment using Snipping Tool. No error messages.
2. Test Outlook MAPI API (2 of 2): successfully sent PDF file as file attachment using MS Word. No error messages.
3. Verified email preference in Reader DC a. [Edit] -- [Preferences] -- [Email accounts]. b. Default email application = Microsoft Outlook. c. [Send link in attach to email] is not selected.
4. [Programs and Features] -- [Change] -- [Repair...] -- issue not resolved
5. Uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader DC (1 of 2) a. Uninstalled Reader DC 2020.012.20048 b. Rebooted server c. Installed Reader DC 2020.012.20048 d. Issue not resolved.
6. Uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader DC (2 of 2) a. Uninstalled Reader DC using Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool Windows version 4.0 b. Rebooted server. c. Installed Reader DC 2020.012.20048 d. Issue not resolved.
7. Adobe support document: Attach to email option is not working a. URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/attach-to-email-not-working.html b. Solution 1: update Reader DC to latest version -- Reader DC is at latest version. c. Solution 2: Change Outlook setting to deselect [Use Cached Exchange Mode] -- cached mode is disabled via GPO. d. Solution 3: AV or security software is blocking attachments -- attachments not blocked as demonstrated with other apps. e. Issue not resolved.