• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe acrobat reade dc won't open in windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I click on icon, the program does not open. I am unable to open an pdf files on my new windows 10 computer. please advice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi abruzz,

Please uninstall Acrobat Reader DC using this cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs, restart your computer & reinstall it using this link Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution.

Now try to open the pdf files, let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi abruzz,

Please uninstall Acrobat Reader DC using this cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs, restart your computer & reinstall it using this link Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution.

Now try to open the pdf files, let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked great

Regards,

Bob Abruzzese

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey abruzz,

You're welcome.

I am glad that it worked.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Tried this and after it worked. I could open pdf files on my machine. But when I clicked out of Acrobat reader and then tried to open a pdf file, I got a screen open for a fraction of a second, but it closed and then nothing. 

Things were working fine with Acrobat reader until today. Now nothing will open. As mentioned I did what is suggested above and it worked but only once. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When I went to download the Cleaner Tool I saw this: 1. THIS TOOL IS NOT FOR USE WITH ANY CREATIVE SUITE PRODUCTS INCLUDING SUITES THAT CONTAIN ACROBAT. IT CAN ONLY BE USED WITH STANDALONE VERSIONS OF ACROBAT AND ADOBE READER.   I have Creative Suite and do not want to affect Lightroom or Photoshop. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "correct answer" only works once. So the status shouldn't be "closed".

I killed all running Adobe tasks, then the pdf opened correctly with Acrobat Reader DC. Obviously this is no solution to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and I was going crazy. The solution is to add "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Adobe \ Acrobat Reader DC \ Reader \ AcroRd32.exe" to the list of applications allowed by the windows firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines