• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader Crashing (AcroRd32.exe - Application Error)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering an issue with Adobe reader on a RDS server where once the program is launched, it will immediately crash with the following error message: "AcroRd32.exe - Application Error      The instruction at 0x62af3528 refernced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program". This message is then followed by Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working.

The program will crash and I am unable to get to any of the preferences or settings to troubleshoot. I have rebooted, repaired, uninstalled/reinstalled, run the adobe cleaner tool, run as different users (including admin), searched the web but all to no avail.

Any assistance or ideas would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Hello It,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine or log-off from the user profile if possible, then launch Adobe Reader as administrator and check for any pending updates from help>check for updates.

Reboot/log off if possible after installing the latest updates if available and check.

If you are able to go to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences after launching the application, then from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>uncheck 'Protected Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello It,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine or log-off from the user profile if possible, then launch Adobe Reader as administrator and check for any pending updates from help>check for updates.

Reboot/log off if possible after installing the latest updates if available and check.

If you are able to go to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences after launching the application, then from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>uncheck 'Protected Mode at startup' and 'Enhanced Security'>Click OK and restart the application and check.

Try removing Adobe Reader using Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks AnandSri,

However I have tried most of those suggestions. Adobe crashes/closes before you can get to help or preferences. I've run as admin, rebooted the server, uninstalled and reinstalled, uninstalled using the Adobe cleaner but none have worked.

I will try installing from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and let you know the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you AnandSri,

It would appear that by downloading the version for Server 2012 from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution​, the issue has been resolved. I tested via admin account and then via the users remote session. Once Adobe stopped crashing, I had to also "go to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences after launching the application, then from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>uncheck 'Protected Mode at startup' and 'Enhanced Security'>Click OK and restart the application and check."

Once both of these steps were completed and adobe was set as default app, the user had no issues opening PDF docs from their drive or outlook attachments.

I will be monitoring over the next few days to ensure no other issues are encountered but thank you for your response and assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

Thank you for sharing the details and for trying all the steps. Let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines