• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC freezes when trying to print

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly as the title says. I am a help desk tech at my company, and I have 2 users experiencing this same issue. As soon as you try to print, anyway (ctrl-p, file > print, clicking the print button), with any PDF, Adobe immediately locks up and freezes. I can't even get the print window to open. The strange thing is that normally when a program locks up like this, Windows will take over and tell you the program failed and ask if you want to wait for it to respond or close it, but nothing like that happens.  The screen doesn't change at all, it doesn't gray out at all, it looks like normal except none of the buttons are functional, and the only way to close Adobe is to kill the process. I have tried the following:

1. Uninstall/reinstall (as normal user, as well as admin)

2. Installing using different install files

3. Check for and install updates

4. Removed old printers, eventually removed all printers

5. Googled the issue, checked every link that applied, ran through their troubleshooting suggestions.  Most were out of date and did not apply, as many of the options suggested to check/uncheck are no longer available

Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?