• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC app icon missing

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Adobe Reader DC on Windows 10, and I recently noticed that the standard Reader app icon changed to a "generic" icon. This icon shows up for the app both in the Start Menu and on the Taskbar when the app is running. NOTE: The PDF files themselves are showing the correct icons. It's the application icon that's not correct. Here's what I've tried doing to fix it:

1. Uninstall and reinstalled Reader;
  2. Run Windows System File Checker (SFC) -- no errors found;
  3. I located the app shortcut (C:\ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/StartMenu/Programs) with the intent to manually change the shortcut's icon but when I right-clicked and checked the properties of the shortcut, the button for "Change icon" was disabled.); and
  4. I tried creating a brand new shortcut to the app's executable (AcroRd32.exe) and put that shortcut in the Start Menu folder with the other Adobe shortcut and rebooted Windows, but Windows never recognized it or displayed it in the Start Menu.

I've attached a couple screenshots to show the icon problem. Has anyone else encountered this? I'd be grateful for any info on how I might fix it. Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone replied on this topic? This happened on my office computer but not my laptop, both of which run Win10. If i could find the icon on my laptop I might be able to place a copy on my desktop machine....  thoughts anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines