Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC recent files cache location

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a rather very simple question. I'm opening this topic because I couldn't get an answer either here on the forums or via Google.

All I want to know is the exact location where Adobe caches the recently opened files & locations. I've already checked in the regular Local and Roaming folders in the user profile but couldn't find any. As a test, I tried deleting the contents of the said folders and replacing them one at a time to pinpoint the recent files cache but failed. Although the settings and preferences are preserved upon putting them back the recent files tab stays empty.

So, is it a case of Adobe caching them outside of the user profile folders like somewhere in the registry or elsewhere. If this is indeed accessible to us users I would like to know where so that I could keep a backup for future use.

Any advice is appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Acrobat Reader and Adobe Reader do not cache recent files. They just keep a list. You can verify this by deleting the file; Recents no longer opens it.

I think it's likely these are kept in the registry with all the other per-user settings, as Microsoft recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader and Adobe Reader do not cache recent files. They just keep a list. You can verify this by deleting the file; Recents no longer opens it.

I think it's likely these are kept in the registry with all the other per-user settings, as Microsoft recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

I had a hunch it would be stored in the registry which means no backup is possible unless you backup the whole registry key (which is also likely contain other settings you won't need). Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines