• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC, Recently used list is blank.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Acrobat Reader 10.  Under Home, Recent, we get nothing.  The setting under Preferences/Documents, Documents in recently used list, is set to 100.  We are not connected to the cloud.  Under Home, My Computer it shows recent locations.  Any thoughts on why we are not getting anything under Recent?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pwma,

Just want to reconfirm that you have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? When you click on the "Recent" tab it should show the all files open recently.

And as you have said it doesn't show anything, then you may close the application and reboot your computer completely.

Check again, if it still doesn't work then "Check for Update" under Adobe Reader>Help>Check for update.

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pc's I am testing on have been rebooted. That does not correct the problem.  The install includes the most recent update/patch.  We installed reader dc with Check for Updates turned off.  So that is not an option.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Can you please share a screenshot of the view you are observing?

Also, let us the Adobe Reader version you are using from Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Regards,

Poorvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version: 2017.012.20093

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This view is displayed when you haven't opened any files recently. Open a pdf from any location, you must see the list populated.

Let us know how it goes

Regards,

Poorvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The view I sent is the view we get after opening files. This is my problem.  I have opened up numerous files on numerous PC's.  Recent Files does not show anything.  When I click on My Computer it show the file paths of recent documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you open the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened files numerous ways, from Local Drive, Desktop, network drive, Imanage document system, email attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue with 20.012.20048.6926 on Win 10 (Pro) - recent list empty on opening desktop app, even starred docs gone. Nothing online either, even though starred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many of these logs regarding recent list and starred list of local files not being kept ny Abobe DC (latest versions) from multiple users. However, they are just ignored or dopped like this one. This is very poor perfomance and support from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines