Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An error processing a page

Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me out here.

I've got a strange problem with Adobe Reader. I cannot open PDF document on my Lenovo IdeaPad cause of this message, There was an error processing a page. Invalid Function resource.

This document was e-mailed to me. Please how to stop this annoying error or how to recover pdf document?

Your help/advice will be great appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

If memory serves, newer versions of Acrobat and other PDF makers can save files using a newer version of the PDF protocol. This might make them incompatible with older versions of Acrobat. So, if you are getting these PDF files from other people who are potentially using newer PDF makers, then that might be the reason. If so, then either using downloading and installing Acrobat Reader DC or using some other program (such as the eRepair PDF) would likely solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markd31821078,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are receiving "there was an error processing a page, invalid function resource" error when trying to view pdf in Reader, is that correct?

Does this error appears with all the files you open in Reader?

Which operating system you have on the machine- Mac/Windows?

Would it be possible if you can share the problematic file with us?

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If memory serves, newer versions of Acrobat and other PDF makers can save files using a newer version of the PDF protocol. This might make them incompatible with older versions of Acrobat. So, if you are getting these PDF files from other people who are potentially using newer PDF makers, then that might be the reason. If so, then either using downloading and installing Acrobat Reader DC or using some other program (such as the eRepair PDF) would likely solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines