Exit

ASHX when sendig PDF as mail

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue with adobe reader.

When opening a pdf file in Medius Flow and clicking "Send Copy" via mail, it does open up outlook.

However, it attaches the file with an ASHX extension and not as PDF.

Have you any idea what can cause this to happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

That's not an Adobe Reader issue (or Adobe anything really). You'll want to check with either Medius Flow or Outlook support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not an Adobe Reader issue (or Adobe anything really). You'll want to check with either Medius Flow or Outlook support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But i am actually using the Send mail function inside Adobe Reader, when saving it "as" it saves as a pdf file.

I suspect something goes wrong when adobe reader saves the files temporarily and attaches it to outlook.

I dont see where outlook can do wrong here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be helpful to start from the beginning, give us all the steps in order and the applications involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will start from the beginnig.

Medius Flow is an online portal for companies to approve invoinces etc.

You can see the invoices directly on the page via Adobe Reader.

In the image below you can see how it looks (the white page is a invoince i censured)

Thereafter i click on the mail icon and select "Send copy"

When doing that Outlook opens a new mail and attaches this invoice, it should be in PDF but for some reason it attaches the file as an .ASHX file. But when using the save button it saves it as PDF as it should.

See image below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First thing I would check. Send an email to yourself, save the pdf from Outlook and open directly in Reader. Does it open? I'm just wondering whether Outlook is actually changing the file extension or if it's just mislabeling it. If it opens in Reader after you save the Outlook attachment, probably just something Outlook is doing. Reader shouldn't be able to change the file type like that so I suspect Outlook or something to do with the other app you are opening Reader in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not understanding here. Exactly what is Medius Flow and how is Reader involved when you open the PDF in Medius Flow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines