Highlighted

Can only open 1 PDF at a time from DFS server

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recently moved files over to a server which is using DFS and can only open one PDF at a time unless I turn off Sandbox Protection. This is happening to everyone and I've narrowed it down to be an issue with Adobe Reader and DFS. That being said:

Is Sandbox Protection worth having on?

Has anyone else had this issue and were you able to resolve it?

Thanks

Hi All,

Thank you for confirming that the issue is resolved with the Acrobat and Reader August 2020 update version.

To check the latest version for the application, please refer to the release notes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

And to know about what new features added with this version, you may check them here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can only open 1 PDF at a time from DFS server

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recently moved files over to a server which is using DFS and can only open one PDF at a time unless I turn off Sandbox Protection. This is happening to everyone and I've narrowed it down to be an issue with Adobe Reader and DFS. That being said:

Has anyone else had this issue and were you able to resolve it?

Thanks

Hi All,

Thank you for confirming that the issue is resolved with the Acrobat and Reader August 2020 update version.

To check the latest version for the application, please refer to the release notes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

And to know about what new features added with this version, you may check them here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 06, 2019 9
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stever,

Apologies for the trouble caused, as described above you are experiencing issues and only able to open 1 PDF at a time on DFS server with enabled security, We need some more information for a better understanding:

• What is the version of the application? To check the version of the application you may please refer to the link - Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC
  • What is the OS and the version?
  • Are you able to open multiple files locally available on your computer?
  • Are you getting any error message when you try to open multiple files on the server?
  • Could you please share a screenshot when you try to open the files on the server?

In the meantime, you may try the following steps:

• Please update the application to the latest version. Go to Help > Check For Updates. To know more about the latest version available please refer to the link - DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products
  • You may try providing the access path to the folder on DFS server through Adobe Reader:
    -Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Reader (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Add Folder Path >Select the appropriate folder
  • Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Reader (Mac) > Preferences > General > Select open documents as new tabs in the same window and click OK and restart the application and check.

You may also refer to the help articles in the links:

-Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader
- Protected Mode troubleshooting | Adobe Reader

Let us know if that works for you

Regards,

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amalj,

It says there are no updates and I am running  this version: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (19.012.20035)

The issue is happening on all of our Windows 10 machines. My current Windows 10 version is 1903 (OS Build 18362.239). I haven't tested it on a mac yet.

I am able to open multiple files locally on the computer. I can also open multiple files from the DFS server if they are opened through File > Open but this isn't a realistic workaround for our users. The issues happens when the file is opened through Windows Explorer.

There are no errors or messages.

I would send you a screenshot but there really isn't anything to see. When I double click the second file nothing happens.

I've also already tried what you have suggested with no luck.

Thanks for your time and I hope this info is helpful. Let me know if there are any other details I can provide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also experience this. Everything updated and we also listed the individual servers in the Intranet Sites via GPO. But with no luck. Hope there is a fix for this soon, as turning off security features never feels good.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, would you mind collecting the process monitor for the affected machines on which you are not able to open the multiple PDF files so that we can investigate further?

Download the Process Monitor tool Process Monitor - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

Open and run it, reproduce the issue at your end, save the log files, and share it with us in private message only.

To send a private message, please take help from the article How Do I Send  Private Message | Adobe Community

Upload the log files in Document Cloud Storage and share the link Adobe Document Cloud

Download and install the latest patch available for Acrobat and Reader and see if you still experience the issue 19.012.20036 Planned update, August 13, 2019 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still persist and with the new forum it seems like you're not able to direct message anyone anymore? I've sent you a log and you forwarded it to the engineers, is there any news from them? Also I've received some notification e-mails which said new posts were made and I could read them, yet they don't appear in this conversation, what's up with that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still looking for more procmon traces?  I'm having the same issues as the original poster.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how critical it is for you not to have malware on your machine. If all of your PDFs were created by your company and have been checked for malware before being placed on the server, then sandboxing is probably an unnecessary extra step.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stever,

I have exactly the same problem, did you managed to solve that issue?

I'm running Acrobat Reader version 19.012.20040 on Windows 10 1903.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am going to post here the same info that I shared in a similar thread.

After much reading, I thinks the following references might be useful.

It seems like the DFS is preventing access to the  namespace when a client tries to hit a folder target with Acrobat in protected mode .

Verify if when  you add the absolute path for a priviledged location ,   

that the  namespace is not configured to issue referrals with the "insite" option.

See here  for troubleshooting: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/975440/how-to-troubleshoot-distributed-file-system-namespac... 

Enable the cross domain troubleshooting log  in Reader / Acrobat and confirm if the messages that you get are not suggesting to "allow any" type of access which is the least restricted access policy, which would also defeat the purpose of using Enhanced Security and  Protected Mode .

See here too: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AppSec/xdomain.html#policy-file-configuration  

See here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enhanced-security-setting-pdfs.html#bypass_enhanced_security_r... 

Since this seems to be not entirely related to Adobe Reader/Acrobat, there are a few more things that need to  be observed:

I hope these references help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0