• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download adobe reader

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am currently applying for Canada visa online, and I need to download their documents which requires Adobe 8 and above. However, it is not allowing me to download it and is showing me this error below:

"Please wait...
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries."

I have tried to download  the adobe again as advice from the adobe helpdesk

But I am still getting the error as er above and not able to download. I have the most udated Adobe already. Please advise. Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a link to the PDF on the page? If so, I usually find that right-clicking on the link and choosing Save link as will download the document without issues, even if I can't open the PDF directly from the website.

Meantime, I'm going to move this to the Get Started forum. The Community Help forum is for help in actually using these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal and the message you see isn’t an error. But it’s very confusing. Download the file (yes you are looking at the file when you see the message) and open it in Reader in Mac or Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote:

I have the most udated Adobe already. Please advise.

End Quote:

If you do have Adobe Acrobat DC, the newest version of Acrobat, you do not need Acrobatr Reader. 

Do as suggestd above. Download the PDF file to your hard drive and open it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines