Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open PDF files but the PRINT ICON is greyed out

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2020.006.20042

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this all files? If so, are they all from the same source? With one of the problem files open, go to file>Properties>Security. Does "Printing" say "Allowed" next to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All PDF files that I have received from various sources have the same problem.  They reflect that Printing is NOT ALLOWED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files from a few weeks ago print quite happily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. So if they say "printing not allowed". that means that the creator of the file has added security that prevents printing. If the files from a few weeks ago that DO print come from the same entity, you may want to contact them to ask why they changed it. At any rate, this is not something you can change with Reader and no password. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your comments. I will contact all those who sent me PDF files that I can no longer print

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines