Highlighted

CIDFont+F1 issue

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received a PDF file as an attachment to an email and can open and view and print it from within the email but when I save the file to my computer and then try to open the file I get an error message saying that CIDFont+F1 cannot be created or found.  The file opens but the text is just displayed as a series of dots.

I have confirmed that I am using the most current version of Adobe Reader.

Any advice on what the problem might be and how to resolve would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CIDFont+F1 issue

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received a PDF file as an attachment to an email and can open and view and print it from within the email but when I save the file to my computer and then try to open the file I get an error message saying that CIDFont+F1 cannot be created or found.  The file opens but the text is just displayed as a series of dots.

I have confirmed that I am using the most current version of Adobe Reader.

Any advice on what the problem might be and how to resolve would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue, is there any solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an exporting problem. I mean some software or online programs when they export the PDFs they cant decode the font.

That is why you are getting that problem.

The font CIDFont+F1 is Arial (blod) and CIDFont+F2 is Arial (Regular)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case, on the files I got with a similar issue F1 was mapped to Arial and F2 was Arial Bold.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use "Times New Roman" family fonts in place of f1(times new roman regular), f2 (times new roman bold), 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC