• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital signature not showing

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have a few pdf files that i sent for digital signing, however, the digital signature does not show after i download the document. My adobe is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2019.008.20081.46137. When i open the document with my google chrome browser or open with other pdf reader(s) the digital signature becomes visible.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BabaSambo,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, please reboot the machine once and Use View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Signatures and see if this brings up the signatures in the PDF file.

Make sure that you open the PDF file containing the signatures in Adobe Reader application.

Are you not able to see signatures on all the PDF files or is it with a specific PDF file? Would you mind posting a screenshot? To post a screenshot, please refer to the article https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

If it is specific to one PDF file, is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can test it at our end? Share the file using direct/private message only How Do I Send Private Message

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I've the same Problem.

When I print the Document or when i open it with Google Chrome or an older Version of Adobe for Example Reader 11  it shows the signature.

If I open the Document with Adobre Reader DC it only shows the blue box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Signatures and see if this brings up the signatures in the PDF file.

Yes, I can see the signatures there. Also, when I open the same document in Chrome, the sig gets displayed correctly.

Make sure that you open the PDF file containing the signatures in Adobe Reader application.

Well yes, I did.

If it is specific to one PDF file, is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can test it at our end?

It's not only one file. Its all of them. Every signed file. Unfortunately I do not have permition to share any of the files. But maybe I can ask to get an empty signed file. Will ask for it tomorrow.

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Windows Server 2016 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2791)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I couldn't find the "Signatures" option on the route you indicated from "View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Signatures"

Is there any other way to make the signatures visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir,

The exact same thing happened to me.

Turns out it was a problem with my company scanning tool: After scanned the attached files in a e-mail would lose their digital signatures.
After a few tests I found out why: the files were being "changed". I calculated their hash codes before being sent and after being sent and the hash code changed everytime. Due to the hash change (probably triggered by a change in the file) the file naturally loses its signature (my guess is that the scanning tool is somehow "marking" the file safe or unsafe, but I can't say for sure).

But there is a workaround that worked for me: when sending digital signed files put them inside a ZIP (or RAR or any other format) file with password. This way they scanning tool can't access the file and won't change it, so the signature will remain intact.

This has been working for me while the IT team tris to figure out how to prevent the scanninf tool from "modifying" the attachment files.

You should try it! Tell me if it Works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My organization is having a similar issue. A document was sent out for six signatures, all signatures were acquired, and the agreement was completed. The signature page that gets added to the document says the same-- it looks like everything went smoothly. However, we cannot get the signatures to appear anywhere on the document. We've sent it from multiple accounts and successfully signed other documents in the meantime, all to no avail. So there must be some setting on that particular pdf file that we have set incorrectly. Any idea what is wrong? I've attached the file. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I also seem to be having this issue. I usually am able to sign with my Military CAC Signature by going to Certificates > Certify (Visible Signature) > (draw a text/signature box) > Sign With Digital ID > Review > Sign but for some strange reason the certificate isn't apearing and isn't saving afterwards. It just comes up empty. Please help!

Dawson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RESOLVED

Sooo I just quit Adobe Acrobat DC and came back to my document and that seem to have worked. I can now digitally sign it with my certificate and it saved. 

Dawson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem.............. But not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do I been trying acess to an e signing through a and it won't work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines